After the initial ‘SOS’ call with Laurie and Joe we set about tracking down their domain’s login details, salvaged what content we could from their old site (via the life-saving WayBack Machine) and put up a quick holding page before setting about building them a brand spanking new website that ticked all of their boxes going forward.
Their wish list for the new website:
- Clearly promote the work that the Nith Inshore Rescue service team does
- Help with their fundraising efforts (although run entirely by a superb team of volunteers, there are numerous costs involved in keeping the operation going)
- Give a little exposure and thanks to the scores of local people and business who kindly support them in all sorts of ways
- Make it as easy as possible for updates, news and details of new team members to be added and managed in-house
- The end result is a a complete redesign, a custom made Sponsors directory system, JustGiving link and a fully-featured new website that works across all screen sizes from desktop to mobile.
It’s a privilege to work with an organisation that’s so passionate about what they do, and we’ve thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the guys & girls behind this vital, life-saving service. Like many, we hope never to need their services, but it’s hugely reassuring to know they’re there if we ever did.