D&G Aviation Museum
Top-flight website design and development
Dumfries and Galloway Aviation Museum were looking for a new website to showcase their collection as their existing website was outdated and not very user friendly. They were looking to better communicate the fantastic collection of aircraft and the displays at the museum, as well as events and how people can support the museum, from memberships and volunteering to donating to the collection.
Our design team based the website around images, ensuring that potential visitors could get a good idea of what they would be able to see at the museum. The collections pages also allows aircraft fans from further afield to be able to browse the aircraft that are on display, learning about the history behind each one.
The final website is a clean, easy to navigate site which communicates the vastness of the museum’s collection and the extensive knowledge of those that work there. The new site will allow staff and volunteers to continuously update news, events and the collections as required.
Key Project Points
Our planning, design and build teams worked closely with the trust in order to ensure the new site achieved the levels of resilience and stability they required in a post-covid world. To achieve this, the following was designed and developed:
- An extensive and informative collections section, making the most of supplied photography
- An easy to navigate visitor section and embedded virtual tour video
- An engaging what’s on calendar, incorporating our Eve events system
- A support us section to promote volunteer engagement and fundraising activities
- An intuitive blog system to feature guest blogs from contributing authors
With full buy in and approval from both trustees and Visit Scotland, it’s great to see the new site supporting on-site activities, with the museum now re-open.