Trainee Business Development Manager
Salary: £22-25k + bonus
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, flexitime available to suit
Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: HQ, Lockerbie with flexible and hybrid/remote working available
Creatomatic are looking for a dedicated business development team member to join our team of digital development and marketing specialists. We’re looking for someone to manage new business as a full-time role.
We want to continue to help nurture our existing client base to make sure that their digital presence works for them, as well as developing new relationships with clients that work best with our expertise.
We already know who many of our best clients are. With the back-up of a roster of talented and skilled digital marketing, design and development teams, you’ll help us find the rest.
This position will allow you to grow within the business as your skills and expertise develop along with our client base. We’re looking for someone who will initially work with us to handle inbound enquiries while we evolve our business development process, rising up to manage new business development over time.
Duties and responsibilities
People have a knack of finding their fit at Creatomatic. To begin with, though, key duties for this role include:
- Work alongside the existing sales team (the directors) as a first point of contact for sales enquiries from new and existing clients.
- Respond to enquiries from new and existing customers, via email, phone, face to face or video meeting.
- Write proposals and costing documents for qualified new sales enquiries.
- Ensure that quotations are sent to customers within agreed timescales.
- Help identify new opportunities and then work closely alongside our marketing and design teams to reach them.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure strong communication and consistency across the board.
- Network and build relationships with potential new clients.
- Bring new ideas to the table and identify and develop opportunities such as new products, services or sectors.
- Continue our client-first approach by ensuring our customer’s needs are put ahead of our own.
As your role develops, we’d expect you to move into a more hands-on business development role, with roles such as the following:
- Work with our directors and digital marketing team to develop new and ongoing business development strategy and marketing plans.
- Help recruit and nurture new business development team members as they’re organically required.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to qualify ‘good’ prospects.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Strong IT skills.
- Team player with a positive and professional approach to work.
- Customer focused attitude with the ability to build and maintain working relationships with new and existing clients from all walks of life.
- A driven, positive personality, with confidence to meet new people and consider new ideas.
- Working knowledge and/or sales prospects in the self-catering / holiday lets sector.
- Experience with Google Workspace tools (Docs, Sheets, etc), CRM and accounting platforms and WordPress websites (training can be given on these tools).
- Driving license and own transport.
Perks and benefits
- Fair and competitive starting salary: £22-25k + bonus scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Independent working encouraged. We trust our team to pull together and put the hours in.
- Flexible working – location and hours; we don’t mind when or where you work best.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Company wide bonus scheme.
- Workplace pension (4% employer’s contribution).
- Christmas and Hogmanay shutdown (minimum two weeks every year).
- We take every bank holiday going.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
How to apply
Please send CVs and relevant experience to [email protected].
We’ll be interviewing candidates from the end of April 2022 onwards.